I cohosted a Clubhouse chat with Maggie on Digital Gardening - what it is, how it came about, and how we can do it!
Maggie and swyx hosted a Clubhouse chat this weekend on Digital Gardens. Here are show notes for ongoing conversations so you can dig in further!
- Maggie’s garden: https://maggieappleton.com/
- Swyx’s garden: https://www.swyx.io/ideas, http://github.com/sw-yx/spark-joy (and other repos)
Comments and extra questions welcome!
This podcast audio was automatically edited for pauses and filler words via Descript. It gets a little choppy about 45mins in, but otherwise seems ok?
## Things we talked about
- Nikita’s Everything I Know garden: https://wiki.nikitavoloboev.xyz/
- Maggie's list of Digital Gardeners: https://github.com/MaggieAppleton/digital-gardeners
- Penn Course on the Literature of Success: https://apps.wharton.upenn.edu/syllabi/?course=LGST227
- Devon Zuegel on Epistemic Statuses: https://devonzuegel.com/post/epistemic-statuses-are-lazy-and-that-is-a-good-thing
- Digital Garden Terms of Service: https://www.swyx.io/digital-garden-tos
- Neil Postman:
- The Medium is the Metaphor: https://people.wou.edu/~visuanod/visuano_amusing_ourselves_to_death.pdf
- Amusing Ourselves to Death: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amusing_Ourselves_to_Death
- Building A Second Brain: https://www.buildingasecondbrain.com/
- Andy Matuschak: https://notes.andymatuschak.org/About_these_notes
- Gatsby Theme Andy: https://github.com/aravindballa/gatsby-theme-andy
- Transclusion: https://maggieappleton.com/transcopyright-dreams
- Nonlinear tools for thought:
- Google Docs as Collaborative Digital Gardens
- Swyx Three Strikes Rule: https://www.swyx.io/three-strikes/
- Tiago Forte on Progressive Summarization: https://fortelabs.co/blog/progressive-summarization-a-practical-technique-for-designing-discoverable-notes/
- Drawing tools: https://excalidraw.com/, https://miro.com/, https://figma.com/
- How To Create Luck: https://swyx.io/create_luck
- Lisa Hardy’s Hyperfine Village concept