Time Management: Capture, Configure, Control [Cal Newport]Download MP3
Cal's system for planning life and getting more done with less persistent background anxiety.
Listen to Deep Questions: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/deep-questions/ep-169-how-do-i-manage-my-time-gTNFVbZvLQA/
- Three requirements of time management
- Capture: don't store anything in your head. Your ideas, info, commitments, plans.
- Configure: make effort organizing. Gather relevant info in one place.
- Control: proactively make a plan for your time in advance: quarterly, weekly, daily
- Constrain (bonus!): figure out how to automate, consolidate interruptions with office hours
- Actual tools used
- shutdown: -> go thru workingmemory -> trello, gdoc
- separate kanban board for every role - researcher, etc
- "to be processed"
- "waiting to hear back from"
- "persistent initiatives"
- daily: just add stuff
- weekly: reorganize and review
- daily, weekly, quarterly, time blocking